Kendall Jenner as Alice

In other news, Kendall Jenner posed as Alice for a spread in the December edition of Vogue. Here are a few of the images, what do you guys think? Do you think she captures the Alice that we know from the story or is Kendall portraying more of the Alice we see in movies/mainstream media? Curious and Curiouser

Personally, I love the Caterpillar in the images and I also love how high fashion the photo’s are (what a surprise in Vogue); however, I dont know if I would consider this to be of Alice as we would see her in the books.

rs_1024x706-151117083459-Kendall-Jenner-Vogue-3 CUCcTqTUcAAoRjz kendall-wonderland-december-5

\kendall3

kendall-wonderland-december-3

rs_1024x679-151117083338-Kendall-Jenner-Vogue-1

kendall-wonderland-december-1

3 thoughts on “Kendall Jenner as Alice

1. Interesting pictures. No, this is a more modern spin on Alice. I don’t think this is like the book at all. None of the characters look like what I imagine when I think of Alice, or similar to the different portrayals in the movies we have seen. This also sexualizes Alice a lot. Alice is supposed to be 7 years old, but Kendall is dressed (and showing much more skin) in a way that is normal for Hollywood in 2015 but not at all for England in the 1800’s! If someone dressed like Kendall did here in the 1800’s people would think they were a prostitute. Yikes.

2. I was going to blog about this! You beat me to it. I get the same vibes looking at these photos as I did when watching the synetic theater performance of Alice in Wonderland. The picture of Kendall in the red leather jacket and boots reminds me way too much of the scary punk rock versions of Tweedledee and Tweedledum. The caterpillar at this photo shoot contains the same vibrant blues, greens, and purples as the caterpillar at the synetic theater when it transformed into a butterfly.

3. This is definitely a different take on Alice. I feel like it is more of a modern/high fashion twist. It may have some of the same characters, but it doesn’t have the same feeling that the books gives us. These pictures portray Alice in a way where she is definitely lacking innocence.